Creative Works of Kelly f.


Friday, July 16, 2010

Storybook Patterns



Per suggestion from a fan of my work, I decided to recreate some of my favorite childhood stories in my own cutesy way. The original suggestion was specifically Disney, but I am a HUGE fan of Grimm's fairy tales and Aesop's fables, etc. so I decided to take a more traditional story approach.

Since I was doing a portfolio for Carter's, I wanted to include something of my own to throw in there, that isn't really in their style, but more of my own. I figured it would be a nice patterning addition.

So the stories that are represented here are Peter Pan, Little Red Riding Hood, and Cinderella.

Make sure you check my twitter account at: http://www.twitter.com/wastedwings
to see the Red Riding Hood pattern in effect.

These were done in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator CS4.

No comments: