Creative Works of Kelly f.


Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Projects

Since the majority of the year is spent in Sarasota with the hustle and bustle that is school, I never really find time to relax. Being home this week all by myself, has given me time to relax with my pets and work on projects (some of which I've been putting on the back-burner for years). This included sewing, learning how to make synthetic dreads and yarn falls, and doodling. While I was in Japan, I went to the fabric capital of Tokyo. My friend semi dragged me along, as she is a fashion major in Phili, but I really enjoyed the experience. I found some really cute fabrics. I turned this gingham fabric I found into a lolita dress. I also found Sailor Moon fabric and turned it into a cute summer dress.

I didn't have enough of the fabric to make a full dress with it, but I used fabric found in America to make it work! ^_^ I also made two pairs of matching bloomers. White and Black.

I am also doing a clothing trade with my friend Lisa (who is much taller than me). I made her this skirt and she is making me a crocheted panda hat!


Here's my first try at falls! I used purple, lavender, and red auburn Kanekalon hair for the dreads. The rest is wavy yarn that I found that has all three colors combined in it

No comments: