Creative Works of Kelly f.


Friday, September 9, 2011

New Textile Designs!

I'm really excited about these new designs. Let me just first preface this by saying that living in Japan has really inspired me to create new prints. I wanted to create prints that I could the kids I teach wanting on the things they use every day. Things like tote bags, pencil cases, draw string bags for bento (lunch boxes), and of course backpacks. What do kids in Japan like most? Anime! I decided to use classic, highly inspirational anime series that practically every person in Japan knows of to create prints. These are series that I also love and have found to be almost ahead of their time when they were made and aired. I created my own interpretation of characters from: Astro Boy (鉄腕アトム), Rose of Versailles (ベルサイユのばら), Sailor Moon (美少女戦士セーラームーン), Galaxy Express 999 (銀河鉄道999), and Neon Genesis Evangelion (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン).

First, I vectored the characters and objects in Adobe Illustrator. Then, I brought the images into InDesign and laid out the prints. Next I combined the prints onto the objects in Photoshop and arranged the objects next to images of the prints for my website. With that being said, I hope you enjoy these prints as much as I enjoyed making them.


No comments: